понедельник, 20 октября 2008 г.

dell dimension 2100 memory upgrade




Iapos;ve been working for several very long hours on this. I realized that I need to seriously get moving with this story or Iapos;m going to end up stalling for months. I really want this story in at least a full rough draft form before the end of 2008. It doesnapos;t seem like a challenge, but it really is.

I just read Robin McKinleyapos;s Sunshine which just honestly blew me away. I always talk about how I wish for more one-offs (mostly because I admire it when an author can do it successfully), and this was in particular one I had to just sit and gape at when Iapos;d finished it. Itapos;s not much longer than most of the other books Iapos;ve been reading lately, just a little over 400 pages, but the amount of just...pure STORY packed into those pages was amazing. There were about one hundred loose ends, none of them every really tied up, and yet so masterfully done that you feel like what you saw was a real world. It was very Miyazaki in that way, and I really enjoyed it. Iapos;ll probably end up re-reading it very soon.
The long and short of it is that I finally moved to tinker a tiny bit with the chapters I already worked with, and then continued to build. I know Iapos;ll have some continued issues as I build off these ones (there will definitely have to be some fleshing out of the last two), but right now I have at least enough that I can move forward some more. This is a bit like one of those "two steps forward, one step back" things. Every time I approach this story, I end up working on revisions, as I change and alter things, which takes up time, meaning that I donapos;t get to move as much forward as I could possibly do. Still, I canapos;t just blast forward...I end up loosing steam, and there is always the issue of continuity. I need to remember when Iapos;ve changed my mind about something (like having Josephineapos;s bed already in the house when she arrives, or not). Itapos;s just how Iapos;m rolling with this story.

Now, LJ wonapos;t let me post it in bulk--it throws a fit if I try--so Iapos;ll make five posts with the actual chapters.

asthma hand second smoke, dell dimension 2100 memory upgrade, dell dimension 2100 motherboard.



Комментариев нет: